ClingOn! Brushes are exceptional for obtaining a smooth finish with minimal brushstrokes. The paint will flow off the tips beautifully, help extend the coverage of your paint and leave a flawless finish. Ideal for all water based chalk, milk, acrylic paints & topcoats. We adore the results when combined with General Finishes Milk Paints & High Performance Top Coats.
All the ClingOn! Brushes are designed by a professional painter and handmade in Holland. They are handcrafted in small batches using exceptional products & processes then individually checked to ensure the highest quality. The brushes are created with Dupont synthetic filaments, a stainless-steel ferrule and a beechwood handle then completely locked in epoxy resin. There is no risk of loose bristles, ferrule or wobbly handle, making for an extremely durable & well built brush.
- Allows paint to cover better & leave a smoother finish
- Lots of different size & style options to fit your needs
- Can be used with all water based products
- Strong, durable brush, yet soft bristles for optimal performance
- Weighted nicely to allow you to paint longer comfortably
- Cleans up extremely easily with water
- Lasts much longer than an average brush
- Affordable & easy to use
There are a multitude of styles and sizes allowing you to discover the best one for your needs & preferences. Some love a Round brush while others (like me!) prefer a Flat option. I use them all for different reasons throughout the shop & encourage you to experiment with the different styles. Keep in mind that you should always choose an appropriate sized brush for your job… paint small items like jewelry boxes with small brushes, always choose a large brush for covering large, flat areas, like dresser tops or tables.
- R12- Extra Small .75”
- R14- Small .75”
- R16- Medium 1”
- R18- Large 1.25”
- R20- Extra Large1.5”
Oval Brushes- These are ideal for painting furniture! The oval allows you to cover large areas quickly (similar to a Flat brush), while also allowing you to get into the details easily (like a Round)
- O35- Small 1.4”
- O40- Medium- 1.5” *super popular brush!
- O45- Large- 1.75”
Flat Brushes- My favorite configuration! I’ve been using standard paintbrushes since 1999 and find these to be the most comfortable to me! They’re easy to use, leave an ultra smooth, brushstroke free finish and allow you to cover large areas very quickly! I find these to be ideal for cabinet painting, tabletops and applying Top Coat.
- F30- Small 1”
- F40- Medium 1.5”
- F50- Large 2”
Angled Brushes- These are a little tricky, but once they help you with a challenging spot you’ll wonder how you painted without it! The heads are on an angle, allowing you to reach those super tight or awkward spaces (ever tried to paint the interior of a secretary desk? Ugh.) Great to get between spindles, under trim work and paint those funky angles! These are a valuable addition to your tool box but I would not recommend painting an entire piece with one.
- P16- Small .6”
- P20- Medium .75”
- P24- Large 1”
The “Shorty”- This is the most popular (and hard to find!) ClingOn! brush! It has a large head, similar to a flat, but with rounded corners. This allows it to cover large areas beautifully, and capture details as well. The best part is is shorter handle! It is much shorter than the standard handle, allowing you to get into tight spaces better. It is also weighted nicely to help you paint for a long time & avoid discomfort.
- S50- Short handle 2”
- Let your ClingOn! Brush absorb some water before the first use. Then simply spin the handles between your hands for a few seconds to remove excess water & you’re ready to paint!
- Do not remove the strings from the round & oval brushes. They remain in place to help preserve the shape of the brushes. Avoid soaking them with water or paint.
- Dip in water or spritz the tips regularly while painting. Using a damp brush will prevent paint from hardening on the bristles and allow the paint to flow off the bristles, resulting in an incredible smooth, brushstroke free finish.
- Clean the brush under running water when you’re finished painting.
- Store your brush wet when not in use. Let the brush hang in water (without touching the bottom), the brush will cycle water though the bristles to clean out any remaining paint near the ferrule and prevent it from drying out & impacting the brushes performance over time. Replace water regularly. (I’ve found repurposing a plastic drink cup to be an easy solution! Simply pull the handle through the straw opening & fill with enough water to cover the bristles about halfway)
I know these brushes sound too good to be true. Honestly, I did too.
For a while I figured they were just another over-hyped product that certainly wouldn’t beat my favorite quality brush from the paint store… but then I received one as a gift. I couldn’t believe how much the brush impacted our quality, our finishes were smoother (nearly as smooth as if we sprayed them!), I painted faster and used less paint product since the ClingOn! brush assists the paint to flow & cover better! I was hooked. That brush has been in daily use for nearly a year now and still works just as well as the day I received it!
I can’t believe how much time I wasted with other brushes and HIGHLY recommend trying them.
You won’t believe it!
Learn more here:
Purchase your ClingOn! Brush here